Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Taleb: it's an illusion that the dollar can bail out the world

Taleb is on CNBC for the first time since 2010 to express his support for Ron Paul. Some great quotes as always:

"From my risk-based vantage point I think one candidate represents the right policies ... and that candidate is Ron Paul"

"Eventually there will be loss of confidence in the dollar, because that's the last thing that's holding us together, and to me it's an illusion that the dollar can bail out the world"

"You don't gamble with future generations' money and you don't gamble with hyperinflation"

"I don't trust treasury bonds. I happen to own stocks. I'd rather have a dividend than a coupon ... I'm afraid of hyperinflation, not of inflation, but hyperinflation. I have no choice but to own stocks and some real estate."

"I also own some euros because in spite of the bad press they know the problems in Europe and here we're not aware of it"

No comments:

Post a Comment