Here's my take on what I liked best in 2011:
- Best (Finance) Book: Boomerang by Michael Lewis
- Best New TV Show: Homeland (on Showtime) by a mile
- Best Movie: 2011 was an awful year for mainstream movies and nothing really stood out to me. Here's Roger Ebert's list.
- Most relevant financial journalist: Matt Taibbi by a mile. Michael Lewis was extremely influential as always.
- Best Financial Development: The insider trading and expert network busts by the SEC and FBI with a honorable mention to Occupy Wall Street. Here's hoping for more banksters to go down in 2012.
Wishing everyone a wonderful 2012!